[Bf-committers] Google Draco compression and Blender

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 17:18:37 CET 2019

Hi Benjamin,

It would be better to copy the source code to extern/ as we do for some
other libraries, rather than referring to a git submodule we do host or
control ourselves. The Google Draco repository is also quite big due to
including compiled binaries, the part we actually need is much smaller.

If possible it would also be best to make a simple custom CMakeLists.txt to
compile Draco, so it can use all the same compiler configuration and flags
as used by the rest of Blender.

For installation I think /2.80/python/lib/python3.7/site-packages may be
best, where additional libraries like numpy are installed.

Regards,
Brecht.