[Bf-committers] Blender is Free Software, its add-ons are as well

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sat Jun 8 18:56:23 CEST 2019

Hi,

The exact implications of GNU GPL have always been fuzzy on the
boundaries, but the core of its concept (freedom for everyone) is easy
to grasp. I wrote a short article on the code blog to answer to the
issues people brought up related to selling add-ons.

https://code.blender.org/2019/06/blender-is-free-software/
<https://code.blender.org/2019/06/blender-is-free-software/#comment-105847>

Hopefully it's correctly worded :) Let me know if you see issues with
the text.

-Ton-