[Bf-committers] Blender 2.8x - support and core development goals

Dalai Felinto dfelinto at gmail.com
Fri Jul 26 08:00:00 CEST 2019

Dear developers,

Which areas would you like to focus on in the next few months? Which
code improvements, performance, stability, new features in those areas
would you work on first [1]?

Finally which bigger new features are you confident would make it in
the 2.81 release, and which are the ones that might happen? These are
particularly important so we can allocate more time for code review
early in the release cycle and work together to assess their
feasibility.

That should empower us to set priorities and keep our ongoing
development on track. The original goal of a more strict 2-3 month
release cycle is still on the table, and it is up to us to set dates
the deliverables. As long as we are working in the right priorities,
and strive for quality, which specific features land in 2.81 are
secondary.

I'm away for Siggraph (28-1) so there is no need to rush to reply to this.

[1] - Please update the module page to reflect this -
https://wiki.blender.org/wiki/Modules /
https://developer.blender.org/T63725

Best regards,
Dalai