[Bf-committers] Datacenter maintenance for Blender.org

Dan McGrath danmcgrath.ca at gmail.com
Tue Jul 16 07:05:15 CEST 2019

Hi,

As some of you may be aware, we planned on upgrading some of the RAM in our
servers today. The hope is to start in about 3 hours from now at, or
around, 4am EST (10am CEST), or sometime shortly thereafter.

We hope to have the 2 machines involved go down for about 20 minutes each.
There are other servers affected, but they are able to live migrate
servers, and are mostly running internal services and test VM's.

I am also putting Devtalk into read-only for an upgrade, as well as keeping
it so until after the upgrades are completed, to avoid people getting cut
of mid post, among other things.

Barring the Russian dropping a server, or snapping off a DIMM, we should
hopefully be done in an hour or so. I may also need to reboot the switch to
enable some jumbo frame support, so expect a possible 2min full outage to
kick things off. :)

Cheers,

Dan