[Bf-committers] Google Summer of Code 2019 - Ideas list

Julien Duroure julien.duroure at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 16:54:33 CET 2019

Hi Ton,

I was reading ideas for GSOC 2019, and about glTF importer/exporter, and it
seems you missed the official Khronos importer/exporter [1] on list of
current implementations.

This addon [1] (I'm part of the team developing it) is now the official
Khronos addon, replacing old Khronos exporter [2] and this importer [3]
(that I developed before continuing developing the official Khronos addon)

This addon [1] code is even merged into Blender git master (I mean the
current master, so on 2.80 beta)

[1]: https://github.com/KhronosGroup/glTF-Blender-IO
[2]: https://github.com/KhronosGroup/glTF-Blender-Exporter
[3]: https://github.com/julienduroure/gltf2-blender-importer

Any help on this addon [1] is welcome :)

Cheers,

Julien

On Sat, Jan 26, 2019 at 4:40 PM Ton Roosendaal <ton at blender.org> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I've submitted all paperwork on the Summerofcode website, last step is
> to update the ideas list on our wiki.
> https://wiki.blender.org/wiki/GSoC
>
> As usual: please only add ideas here if you know who could mentor it
> (check with the mentor!).
> It's not a feature request page. Having simple projects is welcome.
>
> After Feb 6 Google starts reviewing proposals. We then have to get the
> ideas page ready.
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Ton-

Julien DUROURE