[Bf-committers] Blender developers meeting notes - 2018-1-21
Brecht Van Lommel
brechtvanlommel at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 18:23:47 CET 2019
Here are the notes from today's developer meeting. Next meeting is Monday,
28 January 10:00 CET / 9:00 UTC.
1) New Features and Changes
As usual bug fixing took most of the core developers' time, with about 75
* Bevel now supports multiple miter patterns. (Howard Trickey)
* NLA: implement a new blending mode that intelligently combines actions.
* Windows: support for Windows Ink, for better handling of pen input on
modern devices like Surface. (Christopher Peerman)
* 3D viewport clipping (Alt+B) is available again for wireframe and solid
draw modes. Not all object types are supported yet. (Campbell Barton)
* Deleting many objects has been optimized, though the new code is not
enabled yet by default. It can be tested by setting the debug value to 666.
* Alembic export can now optionally output curves / NURBS as meshes.
(Sybren A. Stüvel)
* Preferences have been further redesigned, adding more sections to avoid
grouping unrelated settings together. More panels are also expanded by
default, making it possible to quickly go through sections and see settings
of each. (Brecht Van Lommel)
* Initial development on the everything nodes project has started,
beginning with a generic function system. (Jacques Lucke)
3) Weekly Reports
More information about the Bf-committers