[Bf-committers] Need help with WITH_CYCLES_OSL

Dave Plater dplater.list at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 08:28:37 CET 2019

Hi, I'm attempting to package blender built with OpenShadingLanguage. I
packaged OpenShadingLanguage noting that when it installed with no
options the shaders directory with oso, osl and h files were installed
to /usr/shaders a non LSB place. I patched it to install to:
/usr/share/OpenShadingLanguage/shaders/
but this doesn't work for blender. The user who requested osl gets this
error:
ERROR: /tmp/tmp65h410w7.osl:1: error: error: could not find include
file: /usr/share/blender/2.79/scripts/addons/cycles/shader/stdosl.h
It doesn't make sense to me to use blender directories for a third party
package. I'm going to go ahead and package ols shader's into blenders
versioned scripts/addons/cycles/ directory just to test but does blender
look for osl shaders somewhere else?
Thanks
Dave Plater
openSUSE blender maintainer.