[Bf-committers] Google Summer of Code - 14th time! (Ton Roosendaal)

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Thu Feb 28 12:16:57 CET 2019

Hi,

I've been on the Google summit for mentor orgs and this topic often came by.

Students will be introduced to open source and how to contribute to our
project, but we don't have to teach them how to code or how do math or
how to develop (3d) software in general.

The attention students get usually is quite a lot better than volunteers
get who want to come on board. (Something we should improve). But
disregarding background, we require high quality contributions from
everyone, whether volunteer student or paid contractors.

-Ton-

Ton Roosendaal - ton at blender.org - www.blender.org
Chairman Blender Foundation, Director Blender Institute
Buikslotermeerplein 161, 1025 ET Amsterdam, the Netherlands