[Bf-committers] Google Summer of Code - 14th time!

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Wed Feb 27 11:43:21 CET 2019

Hi,

We've been selected to participate in the GSoC again, this is the 14th
time we're participating!

In the coming weeks we'll get a lot of students on this list asking for
questions. Especially the infamous "please guide me, I don't know where
to start".

The short answer is - we have that information on the google webpage:

https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/organizations/6617016799068160/

Or more directly, on our wiki:

https://wiki.blender.org/wiki/GSoC

The best students are always the ones who come with proposals based on
their past experience, what they learned already and what they are
motivated for to work on. GSoC is not a learning program, it's not even
internship - it's a well paid summer holidays job. Students will have to
come with a convincing project proposal. It's their responsibility!

That being said, of course anyone who's new is always welcome to ask
questions or to get help.

Laters,

-Ton-