[Bf-committers] Rename of Animation module to Animation & Rigging

Sybren A. Stüvel sybren at blender.org
Tue Dec 10 12:15:05 CET 2019

Hey all,

After a discussion between the Animation module members [1] last week
and a talk between Dalai and myself today, I have renamed the Animation
module to Animation & Rigging. Alexander Gavrilov has been working on
improving constraints to suit the needs of riggers, and constraints was
not explicitly part of any module. Furthermore, even "rigging" wasn't
mentioned at all as a topic on the Modules wiki page. These things are
now rectified.

I haven't gone through any of the open rigging-related tasks to assign
them to the project, but I do think that's a good idea to do at least
for new tasks. Apart from the original #animation tag, there are now
also #animation_rigging and #rigging tags that are associated with the
Animation & Rigging project.

As a next step we'll talk with a few riggers to see who's interested in
joining as a user member.

Cheers,

Sybren

[1] https://devtalk.blender.org/t/partial-animation-module-meeting/10817