[Bf-committers] Blender 2.81a: Revisions to backport

Sergey Sharybin sergey.vfx at gmail.com
Mon Dec 2 11:17:05 CET 2019

Hi,

As agreed in the meeting we are doing a corrective release for 2.81. The
plan is to make the builds on Wednesday, December 4.

So far the known-to-be-backported revisions are:

- 4e42a98edd8 Fix T71147 Eevee stops rendering after selection attempt
- f1ac64921b4 Fix T71213: Mask or Mirror before Armature breaks weight
paint.

There are also annoying regressions which are still under investigation:

- https://developer.blender.org/T71576
- https://developer.blender.org/T71678#818622

Please review your area and see which of the changes are crucial to have in
2.81a.
Keep in mind, we should really stick to the crucial-only. For the
nice-to-have there will be 2.82 release quite soon.

--
With best regards, Sergey Sharybin