[Bf-committers] BF coordination meeting notes - 2019.08.12

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at gmail.com
Mon Aug 12 13:59:33 CEST 2019

On Mon, Aug 12, 2019 at 1:37 PM Dalai Felinto <dfelinto at gmail.com> wrote:
> Bug report wizard
> ==============
> * Find a balance between users using Help > Report a bug from Blender,
> and have them filling all the required information
> * Proposal is to have a wizard-like report system where users only
> type one information at a time

The idea would be to have a flow like this for example. I think it
would help to get better quality reports, or to help users find
solutions themselves in some cases.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gxuBv6aeZjKgzMQmGYdaERKbd7VnllSa9s_ejl2hMGo/edit#bookmark=id.83ndneimph3m

I'm not sure what kind of priority this should have as far as
improvement development infrastructure goes. It just seems to me that
tweaking the text in the submission form is at a point of diminishing
returns.