[Bf-committers] Blender 2.8x - support and core development goals

Philipp Oeser info at graphics-engineer.com
Fri Aug 9 14:39:22 CEST 2019

Hi everyone,

I guess my main priority would still be the bugtracker, thus I dont intend to work on a _particular_ area/feature/module primarily
- tracker is still loaded
- I'll stick my nose into everything :)
- I also invite other devs to offload (simpler) tasks on my desk [i know throughout the beta phase lots of reports have been assigned to someone that has better stuff to do... I might be able to crush a few of them...]
- scattered reports / patches that I intend to look at short term: T64365, T59244, T61777 (D3993, D5163), D2324, ... next to many others of course
- assume all this would easily eat up my time for 2.81

If time permits (lower priority) I can think of:
- monkey coding / adding functionality into the functions branch
- not sure if there are tasks with Asset Integration / Overrides that I could be helpful with?
- look into implemeting some of the papercuts mentioned in the modules plans
- spend some time getting a better overview of what has been documented as Todo/Feature request already
 (this means looking more at sites outside of developer.blender.org [rightclickselect, devtalk etc.])
 (this is aimed primarily at being able to reference relating reports on developer.blender.org [that would not be considered bugs] to the appropriate existing discussion)

Longer term, (if time permits) I would be interested in joining forces with Howard Trickey on the topic of "making Bevel behave properly when they bump into/flow over existing geometry"

Have a nice one!
Philipp