[Bf-committers] Developer cmake configuration

dr. Sybren A. Stüvel sybren at stuvel.eu
Tue Aug 6 12:37:04 CEST 2019

Hi Brecht,

On 05-08-19 15:30, Brecht Van Lommel wrote:
> I've just committed a CMake configuration for developers, which
> enables debugging options, tests and speeds up compilation in some
> cases. See:
> https://developer.blender.org/rB2d60a5464
Thanks, that looks interesting.
> If you're not using this because it's failing or slow or inconvenient,
> we'd like to hear about it so we can gather those issues and solve
> them.

I would recommend separating the "configure CMake" and "build Blender"
steps. For me "make developer" fails in that second step because it's
trying to use Make and I use Ninja. Or maybe the build tool is something
that could be detected and used automatically?

I can't comment on other aspects just yet, haven't tested the new
settings well enough.

--
Sybren A. Stüvel

https://stuvelfoto.nl/