[Bf-committers] Developer cmake configuration

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at gmail.com
Mon Aug 5 15:30:08 CEST 2019

Hi everyone,

I've just committed a CMake configuration for developers, which
enables debugging options, tests and speeds up compilation in some
cases. See:
https://developer.blender.org/rB2d60a5464

We recommended developers to use this. Tools like address sanitizer
help you to catch bugs while you are writing and testing code, and
running the tests helps keep Blender master stable.

If you're not using this because it's failing or slow or inconvenient,
we'd like to hear about it so we can gather those issues and solve
them. Previously the combination of all these options always failed
for one reason or another, now the combination should work and pass
all tests.

Thanks,
Brecht.