[Bf-committers] Blender 2.8x - support and core development goals

antonioya blend blendergit at gmail.com
Thu Aug 1 19:11:10 CEST 2019

Hi all,

My plans for Grease Pencil are the following:

1) Help Clément in fixing all problems with Draw Engine, mainly Blend modes, Z-depth issues and Antialiasing. Also, try to improve speed in any possible areas.
2) Move the modifiers evaluation from Draw Manager to depsgraph. The grease pencil modifiers were done before depsgraph was ready and the code need to be adapted.
3) Work in the SVG import workflow. This include two subjects, improve SVG import add-on and work in the conversion from Curve to Grease Pencil strokes.

Also, I’m working in doing  a review of some operators and review edit menus to get a better integration with the general design, because now there are some points that are not clear enough.

Finally, I will work with Wu Yiming in the integration between LANPR and Grease Pencil.

I think this is enough for one release.

Cheers,
Antonio Vazquez