[Bf-committers] Blender 2.8x - support and core development goals

darkdefende at gmail.com darkdefende at gmail.com
Thu Aug 1 17:53:00 CEST 2019

For me, it seems like Ton has planned that I should work on new
animation features like better motion paths:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1zBbOowyTE
Or Implicit skinning:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHySGIqEgyk

However, I feel like it would be nice if I took a bit of time and
implemented small QoL improvements that the animation studio want to
have in blender before I start working on the new big features.

To be able to do this, I can't work full time on triaging bug reports
anymore (and I really don't want to work on the tracker either).
However, I feel that at the rate the bug tracker has been going, we will
need at least 3 full time people just working on triaging new reports to
keep it under control and not burn out the people working on it.

In addition to this we need to setup unit tests. This should be a
coordinated effort to get good coverage of the various features Blender
has. Otherwise I feel this will simply not be done.

Regards,
Sebastian Parborg