[Bf-committers] Blender developers meeting notes - 2019-04-29
Brecht Van Lommel
brechtvanlommel at gmail.com
Mon Apr 29 19:11:34 CEST 2019
Here are the notes from today's developer meeting. Next meeting is Monday,
6 May 10:00 CEST / 8:00 UTC.
* Developers have been testing the #blender-coders channel on blender.chat
as an alternative to IRC, to make discussion more visible and lower the
barrier to entry. A decision on moving there officially will be made soon.
* There is a blog post on new module teams organization:
* Clang-format is now used for formatting the Blender source code. All
committers must use it for consistent style. For more information and how
to update branches, see the wiki page.
* There are three new design docs with ideas and plans for everything
nodes. (Jacques Lucke)
2) New Features and Changes
* The top bar with tool settings is now part of the 3D viewport and image
editor headers instead of being global. Further changes are planned, this
is not the final design yet. (Campbell Barton, Brecht Van Lommel)
* The Adjust Last Operation panel can now be optionally hidden in the 3D
viewport and other headers, from the view menu. In this case the menu can
be accessed from the global Edit menu, or the F9 shortcut key. (Campbell
* Industry Compatible Keymap: many updates based on user feedback. (William
* Outliner: show children of objects inside collections again. Child
objects that are members of a different collection are drawn with a
stippled line and greyed out. (Dalai Felinto)
* Display of edit mode vertices, edges and faces has been improved.
* Solid draw mode now supports displaying Vertex colors, next to Single,
Object, Material and Random. (Jeroen Bakker)
* Mesh Analysis display options in the viewport are now available again.
* The grid in side views and the grid floor in perspective views can now be
enabled or disabled separately. (Jeroen Bakker)
* The cache system was rewritten. There is now more user control, with
settings about what to cache in the Proxy & Cache panel in the sidebar.
Cached frames are now displayed in the sequencer timeline. (Richard Antalík)
* Spline IK: support changing individual bone length via Y scaling.
* Bendy Bones: split the Scale In/Out properties into X and Y values.
* Grease Pencil:
** New dots gradient. (Antonio Vazquez)
** New normalize weights and normalize all operators for vertex groups.
* Text editor: convert tabs to spaces on paste, if the Tabs to Spaces
setting is enabled. (Bruno Boaventura Scholl)
* Images: packing of painted and baked images now works for float and
multilayer images. (Brecht Van Lommel)
3) Weekly Reports
* Jeroen: https://wiki.blender.org/wiki/User:Jbakker/reports/2019
* Sebastian: https://wiki.blender.org/wiki/User:Zeddb#April_23_-_April_26
More information about the Bf-committers