[Bf-committers] GSOC 2019 Proposal - ProcGenMod

Punya Aachman aachman98 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 20 12:51:03 CEST 2019

Hello everyone,
I've submitted a proposal but I didn't get it verified as I didn't have a
mentor at the time of submission (as a matter of fact, I still don't have
one). Nonetheless, please check out the proposal and the project (WIP),
which is currently on schedule (as planned and mentioned in the proposal),
and let me know of your thoughts. I am open to suggestions regarding the
project.

PROJECT ABSTRACT:
ProcGenMod is a procedural modeling node-based system which utilizes
Blender and its Python API to create a visual programming environment for
artists and developers. Heavily inspired by Side-FX Houdini, it presents a
node editor with a variety of modular nodes to make the workflow easier and
fast. Most of the nodes are blender internal operations (bpy.ops.mesh)
which also makes it easier for frequent blender users to manipulate
geometry. It helps the users to quickly create 3D models and control node
parameters to generate limitless variations in a non-destructive manner as
well as view and edit the mesh on any stage of the node network
independently, with realtime updates.
GitHub: https://github.com/aachman98/ProcGenMod
Video (ProcGenMod in action): https://youtu.be/wbYwQ6igXol

Kindly let me know if it is mandatory to have a mentor for my proposal to
be considered.
Thank you for your time.

Regards,
- Punya Aachman