[Bf-committers] Potentially moving from IRC to Blender.Chat

dr. Sybren A. Stüvel sybren at stuvel.eu
Mon Apr 15 18:30:22 CEST 2019

Hello everybody,

Last week during the Homestretch Sprint at the Blender Institute we
discussed the visibility of Blender development. One of the things we
want to improve is the clarity of decision making and visibility of
discussions between developers. Since IRC is getting less and less known
to new developers, we thought we might move the blendercoders channel to
blender.chat (which is a web-based chat system).

Of course we first want to have a few weeks to try it out and see if we
really like it. So, head over to
https://blender.chat/channel/blender-coders, log in with your Blender ID
account, and chat away!

If you have any issues, please let me know in a private mail or via
blender.chat.

Just for clarity: we will only move away from IRC if there is
considerable support for this move.

Best,

--
Sybren A. Stüvel