[Bf-committers] GSoC 2019 Proposal: Cloth Simulator Improvement

Jim Bates jambay9 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 16:48:38 CEST 2019

As a non-administrative viewer, having scanned your proposal, a few
comments/questions. "Fabric" being a "plane" (2 dimensional) will be
constructed using basic geometric shapes (squares, triangles, perhaps
circles) to form an object that may be affected by other tools (i.e. wind)
for animation purposes. To the best of my recollection that is current
function/operation for Blender. Not to be dismissive but not sure what
additive you are suggesting.

Improvements, especially regarding performance are always welcome. There
are multiple OS platforms to consider. I'm sure the "lead team" will
consider your proposal and respond with a more meaningful indication of how
to proceed. Regardless, you may join the Blender group simply by adding any
updates you think will improve the application as an individual (no GSoC
required) - though I do wish you and all others that have submitted
proposals well in you future.