[Bf-committers] Blender developers meeting notes - 2019-04-01
Brecht Van Lommel
brechtvanlommel at gmail.com
Mon Apr 1 18:51:50 CEST 2019
Here are the notes from today's developer meeting. Next meeting is Monday,
15 April 18:00 CET / 17:00 UTC.
* Next week developers gather in Amsterdam for the Homestretch Workshop.
There will be no IRC meeting then, but many face-to-face meetings.
* The Spring open movie will be released on April 4. This project has been
very important in testing 2.80 in production, and will come with tutorials
on how 2.80 was used on cloud.blender.org.
2) New Features and Changes
About 90 bugs were fixed last week.
* Eevee: added support for undeformed texture coordinates, and coordinates
from another object. (Clément Foucault)
* Grease pencil: much improved soft eraser tool. (Antonio Vazquez)
* UI: better display of report messages in the status bar. (Nathan Craddock)
* UI: better muted node visualization, greying out the entire node. (Robert
* UI: support for default active button in popups and file browser, to
quickly confirm operations. (Campbell Barton)
* The `view3d.select_or_deselect_all` operator has been removed, replaced
by a `deselect` property on `view3d.select`. Keymaps will need to be
updated to account for this.
* Additional bugs in the tracker have been marked as high priority to
indicate issues that we *must* fix before the 2.80 release. To developers:
if you're aware of more such bugs, please mark them as high priority.
(Brecht Van Lommel)
* Low level details on the new function nodes system are now in the wiki.
4) Weekly Reports
* Campbell: https://download.blender.org/ftp/ideasman42/donelist/2019.html
* Sebastian: https://wiki.blender.org/wiki/User:Zeddb#March_25_-_March_29
More information about the Bf-committers