[Bf-committers] Blender developers meeting notes - 2018-09-17
Brecht Van Lommel
brechtvanlommel at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 18:51:31 CEST 2018
Here are the notes from today's developer meeting. Next meeting is Monday,
24 September 10:00 CEST (8:00 UTC).
1) New Developers
* Welcome to the newest developer at the Blender Institute, Jacques Lucke!
He's known for creating Animation Nodes, and will be working on node
goodness in Blender. First though is getting used to the Blender C code
while helping finish 2.8.
* Welcome also to Tobias Johansson, who will be working at the Blender
Institute on the Blender Cloud!
2) Blender 2.8
* Work continues towards the beta, lots of bugfixes and small improvements
* Various tools were updated, including poly build, smooth, randomize and
* Grease pencil received UI tweaks and two important bugfixes related to
performance and "exploding" stroke thickness.
* The 3D viewport now draws wireframe outlines in ortho mode again.
* The Crashpad patch now works for all platforms. Interested developers are
encouraged to test it and make sure it has good usability, it would be
useful to help stabilizing 2.8.
3) Other Projects
* Library upgrades are now complete for all platforms. install_deps.sh on
Linux is still failing on some distributions due to OpenEXR, fix is
More information about the Bf-committers