[Bf-committers] Eevee raytraced (cycles) shadows

Adriano Oliveira adriano.ufrb at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 15:20:28 CEST 2018

Hi guys,

First of all, congratulations for the outstanding work in 2.8.

We all can see how Eevee is becoming a major improvement for certain kind
of animation production, especially for TV shows. For now, the big concern
is real time shadows. I don't know how far we can go here, but I see some
room for having Cycles rendering only raytraced shadows for composing over
Eevee renders in post.

Is there a way to optimize that in terms of speed and workflow?

*Adriano A. Oliveira*