[Bf-committers] Netrender?

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 18:19:17 CEST 2018

Hi Alexander,

The netrender addon hasn't really been maintained for a long time, and
probably does not have that many users. It wasn't designed to be used over
the internet, just for local render farms.

More actively maintained render farms are for example:
https://www.flamenco.io/
https://www.crowd-render.com/

As for SSL authentication, personally I think using a VPN is a more
reliable option than adding some custom authentication. Then all data
transferred will also be encrypted, and the VPN software will likely be
better tested for vulnerabilities.

Regards,
Brecht.