[Bf-committers] Blender developers meeting notes - 2018-11-26

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Tue Nov 27 16:46:37 CET 2018

Hi everyone,

About the splash screen:

Because the 2.80-beta period is not a real release (but daily builds), I suggest to take the liberty to choose a number of different splashes and vary it every other week.

That way we can update the message (the fund campaign) and have a variation of community artwork presented. For example from this link:

https://devtalk.blender.org/t/splash-screen-for-2-80-beta-themed-support-the-dev-fund/2641/118 <https://devtalk.blender.org/t/splash-screen-for-2-80-beta-themed-support-the-dev-fund/2641/118>

We need to check on not overloading our git repo with images, but for splashes bypasses exist.

Thanks,

-Ton-

Chairman Blender Foundation, Director Blender Institute
Buikslotermeerplein 161, 1025 ET Amsterdam, the Netherlands