[Bf-committers] Blender developers meeting notes - 2018-11-26
Brecht Van Lommel
brechtvanlommel at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 20:04:13 CET 2018
Here are the notes from today's developer meeting. Next meeting is Monday,
3 December 10:00 CET (9:00 UTC).
1) Blender 2.8 Beta
We are aiming for a Beta release this week. Still waiting for:
* New splash screen
* Release notes on blender.org
* Renaming of some features
* Possible changes to default preferences
Note that we will not make a specific build for this, we will continue to
use daily builds on builder.blender.org so that everyone tests with the
latest fixes and changes.
2) New Features and Changes
* OpenSubdiv is now enabled for subdivision surfaces and multires:
* The Khronos GLTF 2.0 addon is now bundled with Blender.
* COLLADA import/export got many, many improvements:
* Grease pencil layers gained blend modes:
* New Curvature shading option for visualizing high-frequency detail, based
on this proposal:
* Local View in the 3D viewport is back again.
* Initial EEVEE reference manual is here:
* User Preferences now have tabs on the left side:
* New user preferences to control max tablet pressure and pressure softness.
* Add > Image submenu to quickly add a reference image, background image or
mesh with image texture.
* Combined pose + weight paint can now be entered immediately when both
objects are selected.
* New color ramp command to evenly distribute colors.
* New Jump to Target command for object/bone properties.
* Many UI and keymap improvements.
* Performance improvement for armatures that deform multiple separate
* Much improved Grease Pencil drawing performance.
* Faster OBJ import by 33%.
3) Other Projects
* Proposal for new wiki content structure and landing page:
* The old wiki is being migrated to static HTML.
4) Weekly Reports
More information about the Bf-committers