[Bf-committers] Cycles: Optimizing render speed?

Jaros Milan milan.jaros at vsb.cz
Mon Nov 19 19:49:32 CET 2018

Hi,

I tried some implementation:
https://developer.blender.org/D2662

You can see there is a problem with tiles. I changed scalar sample (in task, tile, filter, ...) to vector of samples and it works ( I did not create a patch yet ) - each pixel has own number of samples.

There is many method for stopping criterias I used most simple based on changes of value in render-buffer.

There is other option which could help - using progressive rendering - check OpenMPDevice ( the loop over samples could be outer loop of the loop over pixels ). In this case the nonprogressive rendering takes same rendering time like progressive rendering.

The next feature which could help is not using tilemanager but samplemanager ( each thread computes one sample ).

Best regards
Milan

Dne 19. 11. 2018 19:01 napsal uživatel Brecht Van Lommel <brechtvanlommel at gmail.com>:
We would like to add adaptive sampling, it's just a matter of someone
writing a good implementation which is not trivial.