[Bf-committers] Blender developers meeting notes - 2018-11-05
Brecht Van Lommel
brechtvanlommel at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 15:50:33 CET 2018
Here are the notes from today's developer meeting. Next meeting is Monday,
12 November 18:00 CET (17:00 UTC).
1) New Features and Changes
* EEVEE added overscan support, to render a bit more pixels for better
screen space effects.
* EEVEE now fully supports node groups, which had some bugs before.
* The properties editor now has vertical tabs on the side, rather than
horizontal in the header.
* The Brushes and tool selection UI is being changed based on feedback from
the Grease Pencil team. This is still a work in progress.
* Image empties now have option to display in background and only in
perspective/orthographic mode, getting them closer to the old background
images. Still more UI work needed here.
* Multi-object editing for curves is mostly complete now.
* The dopesheet editor now has options to display keyframe interpolation
and extremes, making it possible to edit animation without opening the
curve editor in more cases.
* Keyframes can now be inserted in a way that takes into account cyclic
* Addons ported to 2.8: Scatter Objects, IvyGen, 3D Viewport Pie Menus,
* Many small UI polishing changes.
2) Blender 2.8 Beta Plans
* Bastien: completing and documenting scene and object editing Python API.
* Brecht: left-click select keymap and compatibility with tools system.
* Campbell: completing tools system, especially how it relates to brushes.
* Clément: EEVEE documentation and OpenGL bug fixing.
* Dalai: fixing metaballs bugs and multi-object editing.
* Jacques: completing image empties, helping with drawing API docs if
* Sergey: multiresolution and restoring physics systems.
* Philipp: triaging and fixing bugs in the tracker.
3) Weekly Reports
More information about the Bf-committers