[Bf-committers] Blender developers meeting notes - 2018-05-28
montagne29 at wanadoo.fr
Mon May 28 18:57:12 CEST 2018
Here are the notes from today's 16 UTC (18 CET) meeting in
irc.freenode.net #blendercoders. Reminder: meetings are on Mondays, next
meeting is 04th June, 08 UTC (10 CET).
1) Blender 2.8 (and code quest!)
- Antonio Vazquez completed requested changes on new GreasePencil
branch, which is now ready for a final review. There are still some
issues with Copy-On-Write depsgraph though.
- Ton reports that yesterday (Sunday 28th), there was a meeting with
Benoit Bolsee (main developer of the original Game Engine). It went
fantastic, he'll be starting on new "GE" (RTE, Real Time Engine) in
July. Help, feedback etc. is welcome as usual!
- Extended Code Quest report for last week:
2) Google Summer of Code
- Cycles hair shader has an initial working shader, there will be a test
- Cycles volume project is still at internal changes level, nothing to
show (Brecht will take some time to help with the design/implementation
- Cycles many light sampling didn't really start yet because student
still had exams
- NPR and bevel projects also seems to be making progress..
Weekly reports from the students can be found on the dedicated mailing
3) New wiki
New wiki has been setup at https://en.blender.org/wiki/Main_Page
It’s goal is much more limited than previous one, basically this is a
developer/module team members tool to share technical docs. It should
also have general help info like setting up a new build of blender, some
code architecture docs, etc.
Moving a subset of old wiki pages is on-going process.
Old wiki shall be locked (made read-only) in a few weeks, proposed date
is June 15th. That means that developpers (also including GSoC students)
should request accounts on new wiki if they do not have one already, and
move their pages there.
Note that once in read-only state, it will still be possible to access
and copy wiki-markup content of the pages!
More information about the Bf-committers