[Bf-committers] Code proposal for new modifiers

Sybren A. Stüvel sybren at stuvel.eu
Wed May 2 13:40:03 CEST 2018

On 02-05-18 12:50, Christian Hubert wrote:
> I was unsure but I've set yourself as reviewer and me as suscriber (but I don't really know what "suscriber" means here).

'Subscriber' means that you'll get email notifications about changes to
the diff. As an author you're automatically subscribed.

> Concerning your work on temp-modifier-rm-cddm. Yes, I've seen that and I will try to set future diffs from this branch. But I've encountered an issue with 2.8: it compiles but crashes at first run steps (information here https://devtalk.blender.org/t/accessing-to-2-8-branch/353/2). I've just "git checkout blender2.8" but don't know if it is enough (I don't know git... my bad...).
>
> What I propose is to fix this issue before porting other things in the branch you mentioned (temp-modifier-rm-cddm), but I've no idea how to fix it for now.

I wouldn't know how stable 2.8 is on Windows currently,  maybe someone
else can comment on this?

> Should I "git checkout temp-modifier-rm-cddm"? Simply and only that?

That should be enough, yes, but since it's been merged in 2.8 you can
simply use the blender2.8 branch instead. That'll have newer fixes anyway.

--
Sybren A. Stüvel

https://stuvelfoto.nl/
https://stuvel.eu/