[Bf-committers] Code proposal for new modifiers

Sybren A. Stüvel sybren at stuvel.eu
Tue May 1 15:50:19 CEST 2018

Hi Christian,

On 30-04-18 08:59, Christian Hubert wrote:
> I've coded two modifiers. The purpose at the beginning was to learn about
> Blender code, but finally the result could be of some interest as I've
> posted about it on right click select and the score seems to be good
> (https://blender.community/c/rightclickselect/85bbbc/fan-screw-variant-modifier and
> https://blender.community/c/rightclickselect/35bbbc/randomize-modifier-proposal).

Both modifiers look really nice :)

> So from that, I'm in pain to find my way: how to obtain an approval about
> this dev? Should I simply post a diff here
> https://developer.blender.org/differential/diff/create/ and "no more"?

Please post two diffs (one for each modifier, unless they share a lot of
common code) there, and send us a link in a reply to this email.
Discussions about code are easier to do in the diff than here on the
mailing list.

Please also be aware of the work I'm doing in the temp-modifier-rm-cddm
branch (also see D3155), which changes the interface for modifier code.
If you have questions about this, don't hesitate to ask here too.

Kind regards,
--

Sybren A. Stüvel

https://stuvelfoto.nl/