[Bf-committers] Building Blender

John Emmas john at creativepost.co.uk
Tue May 1 10:51:08 CEST 2018

On 30/04/2018 17:39, Ray Molenkamp wrote:
> you should be able to make a build with 2015 given 3 conditions are met
>
> 1) you have msvc 2015 update 3 or higher
>
> 2 You have a full set of our libs in the right place
>
> 3) you run 'make full 2015 x64' in the blender source folder.

Thanks Ray - it turned out that my build was accidentally picking up
'stdint.h' from an old installation of mingw (when I'm in fact building
with VS2015).  Once I fixed that, the build went perfectly.

The problem I've got now is that if I try to launch Blender I see an
error about Python not being installed.  Here's the full output (before
Blender crashes):-

       Color management: using fallback mode for management
       BL_lang_init: 'locale' data path for translations not found,
continuing
       AL lib: (EE) UpdateDeviceParams: Failed to set 44100hz, got
48000hz instead
       Warning! bundled python not found and is expected on this
platform. (if you built with CMake: 'install' target may have not been
built)
       Fatal Python error: Py_Initialize: unable to load the file system
codec
       ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'encodings'

I built from the VS2015 solution file (MSVC) and I currently I have
Python v3.7.0b2 installed here.  Do I need something newer?

John