[Bf-committers] Blender game transition

yul brynner you.le at live.fr
Fri Mar 9 16:37:30 CET 2018

Hi,

I just update this topic to say that as eevee does frustum culling now and as it is based on Object, I updated a bit the bge code in my branch to use eevee's culling directly.

(I try to follow Ton's advices "as I can" considering I'm not an experienced coder)

I don't know if this is a good idea yet, but to do that, when we add a gameobject in bge (void KX_GameObject::ProcessReplica()), I duplicate the "gameobject Object" like that:

if (m_pBlenderObject) {
Main *bmain = KX_GetActiveEngine()->GetConverter()->GetMain();
Object *newob = BKE_object_copy(bmain, m_pBlenderObject);
m_pBlenderObject = newob;
}

So now, instead of using KX_GameObject matrix, I use "gameobject Object->obmat" in the code. I guess these kind of modifications will allow to use more of Blender code directly.
This seems to ~work for culling even if I still have some issues to solve.

If you're interested, I continue to follow eevee's development here: https://github.com/youle31/EEVEEinUPBGE/tree/experimental

Thanks very much to all Blender devs for your amazing work on 2.8!

youle