[Bf-committers] 2.8 bugs

Aaron Carlisle carlisle.b3d at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 06:04:56 CET 2018

Limiting peoples access is not the way we want to go. I think the current
system of copy pasting a canned answer is fine. We dont want to discourage
people from trying it out and reporting bugs. By the time we need this
people might not do this.

On Sat, Mar 3, 2018 at 8:50 PM, Ricardo Nunes <3rton93 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Best way would probably be to just limit the access. No matter how clear it
> is people online are notoriously bad at listening..
>
> On 4 Mar 2018 02:07, "Ray Molenkamp" <ray at lazydodo.com> wrote:
>
> > Hey,
> >
> > Is there anything we can do to make the text on
> > https://builder.blender.org/download/ regarding 2.8 bugs
> > stand out a little more.
> >
> > This text is currently under some brightly color buttons in all black.
> >
> > --
> > Note on Blender 2.8 builds
> > Currently we are aware of many issues in 2.8 and actively working to fix
> > them.
> > Since replying to reports takes time, we have decided to limit bug
> reports
> > to module team members
> > --
> >
> > some people took it as, 'you can only report bugs to module members',
> > others didn't seem to read it at all
> > anyhow there's a steady stream on 2.8 tickets coming into the tracker. it
> > be nice if that volume went down
> > a tiny bit.
> >
> > it might also help to remind people on
> >
> > https://developer.blender.org/maniphest/task/edit/form/1/
> >
> > not to report 2.8 bugs just yet.
> >
> > --Ray

Aaron Carlisle

Picture taker | Bit cruncher | Pixel pusher | Document writer | Artist
Project administrator for the Blender 3D Documentation Project