[Bf-committers] Wiki pygments throwing exceptions

Dan McGrath danmcgrath.ca at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 19:31:39 CEST 2018

Hi,

Just a heads up that there was some progress made with GeSHi syntax
highlighting today for the wiki.

Originally we were using a system wide pygmentize, due to not having php
composer installed (or aware of what it did, even!). Now, I have switched
to the proper upstream pygmentize, ran the updates from it to pull down its
dependencies, and try use that.

At first it we still spitting out some broken pages, but these were clearly
just cached pages. I have since purged the memcached and all of the past
broken pages that I noticed appear to work now. So I guess try using proper
<source lang=...> syntax again on the wiki, but let me know if you run into
any broken pages so that we can ensure that the problem was related to the
system installed pygmentize without full dependencies, being the problem.

Dan