[Bf-committers] Blender developers meeting notes - 2018-06-18
dfelinto at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 10:33:47 CEST 2018
Here are the notes from today's 9 UTC (10 CET) meeting in irc.freenode.net
#blendercoders. Reminder: meetings are on Mondays, next meeting is 25th
June 17 UTC (18 CET).
1) Blender 2.8
* Ton Roosendaal presents the idea of opening the tracker in 1-2 weeks for
reports that help coders (no support). Followed shortly by a merge to
master before Beta (currently planned for August 10th).
* Antonio Vazquez is working on the Grease Pencil modifier stack split with
help from Dalai Felinto. This is currently one of the main show stoppers
for the merge.
* Brecht Van Lommel wrote about the Cycles development we had last week
with Lukas Stockner:
- Cycles Mini Code Quest
* And the code quest welcomes this week's guest: Jacques Lucke.
2) Google Summer of Code
* All students were contacted by Campbell Barton in regard to their wiki
access. They should be able to write their weekly reports in the new wiki
with no problems.
* YimingWu asks about code review, where to upload patches?
developer.blender.org is still the place for it, using arcanist (arc diff).
The proceed is to assign developers to review, and poke them on IRC if they
don't review in time.
* Wiki is now read-only. The entire old wiki was archived:
- Addon docs are still linked from 2.79. But this will be likely handled
* Annecy report expected this week.
* Campbell Barton removed trailing space from the source code:
- Developers can now enable "Strip Trailing Space" in their IDEs
X) Code quest links:
* Weekly meeting notes - 2018-06-15
- Interface Improvements
More information about the Bf-committers