[Bf-committers] Grease Pencil branch merged into Blender 2.8

blendergit blendergit at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 10:54:52 CEST 2018

Hi all,

I want inform that Grease Pencil branch has been merged into Blender 2.8.

This merge the full development done in greasepencil-object branch and include mainly the following features.

- New grease pencil object.
- New drawing engine.
- New grease pencil modes Draw/Sculpt/Edit and Weight Paint.
- New brushes for grease pencil.
- New modifiers for grease pencil.
- New shaders FX.
- New material system (replace old palettes and colors).
- Split of annotations (old grease pencil) and new grease pencil object.
- UI adapted to blender 2.8.

You can get more info here:

https://code.blender.org/2017/12/drawing-2d-animation-in-blender-2-8/
https://code.blender.org/2018/07/grease-pencil-status-update/

This is the result of nearly two years of development and I want thanks firstly the other members of the grease pencil team: Daniel M. Lara, Matias Mendiola and Joshua Leung for their support, ideas and to keep working in the project all the time, without them this project had been impossible.

Also, I want thanks other Blender developers for their help, advices and to be there always to help me, and specially to Clément Foucault, Dalai Felinto, Pablo Vázquez and Campbell Barton.

Cheers,
Antonio Vázquez