[Bf-committers] 2.8 bugs on the tracker.

Ray Molenkamp ray at lazydodo.com
Tue Jul 3 04:03:06 CEST 2018

All,

Since the tracker has now been opened for 2.8 crashes tickets have been
coming in steadily, I'm unsure how to triage these though, previously
it was easy, just the studio tickets were allowed and they placed them
on the 2.8 work board them selves.

Is tagging the end user tickets with just blender 2.8 enough or do they
need to be placed on some work-board as well?

Also the quality of the tickets is sometimes... not great... T55704 for
instance. I can't seem to repro it,odds are it's hardware dependent however
none of the system information has been included, and the broken version
is just listed as '2.8'

T55705 is a clear duplicate of T55696, so users don't tend to search
before posting.

T55706 is a less clear duplicate of T52523 (and T55706 has a not so useful
title, so even if they did search it wouldn't have been found)

I think we need to offer some better guidance here. maybe have pablo
do a video version of :

https://wiki.blender.org/wiki/Process/Bug_Reports

He seems to reach *A LOT* of people with his videos (just an idea,
don't feel pressured into this pablo)

I'll happily triage as long as my spare time allows for it, but the
quality of the tickets *has* to improve or this will turn into a
rather tedious task that nobody will have any interest in doing.

--Ray