[Bf-committers] Changes to Windows Compiler Support.

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Sun Jan 28 15:35:47 CET 2018

I think 13.2% of downloads is still a lot, that's about the same percentage
as macOS + Linux downloads. However by the time 2.8 is released that number
will be lower, and I expect most of those computers will not have a GPU
with the new OpenGL minimum requirements anyway.

The Steam hardware survey shows only 2% of their users have a 32 bit OS.
That makes me doubt if the Blender download statistics are representative
for the installed OS, though it's not clear to me why they wouldn't be.

Overall I think it's reasonable to stop supporting 32 bit.