[Bf-committers] Propose to update collada libraries to v1.6.62 (not urgent)

Gaia Clary gaia.clary at machinimatrix.org
Sat Jan 27 15:39:48 CET 2018

Hi;

I propose to update the openCollada libraries to

https://github.com/KhronosGroup/OpenCOLLADA/releases/tag/v1.6.62

This update fixes the "invalid utf-8 characters in comments" warnings
when building with Collada. As far as i read in the last 32 commits
since our last update, there are no functional changes.

For whoever builds the libraries, i collected some tips from the past:

- Some cmake variables need to be adjusted
   to make the libraries work with Blender (see below)
- The Install prefix you apparently must adjust to your needs.
- Also please use '/' as path separator, even when you are
   on Windows,otherwise the build will fail.
- As far as i can see you can generate directly into the
   subversion folders, the generated files should be ready
   for checkin without any manual changes.*
- *You might see an error related to building the
   Framework Validator when you build the Debug libraries.
   This error can be ignored, because the validator is not
   needed for building Blender.
- I used visual studio to build the INSTALL target.

The list of adjusted CMAKE variables is here:

CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX = D:/lib/win64_vc12/opencollada (see below)
CMAKE_DEBUG_POSTFIX = _d
CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS_DEBUG = /MTd /Zi /Ob0 /Od /RTC1
CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS_RELEASE  = /MT /O2 /Ob2 /D NDEBUG
CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS_RELWITHDEBINFO = /MT /Zi /O2 /Ob1 /D NDEBUG
CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS_MINSIZEREL = /MT /O1 /Ob1 /D NDEBUG
CMAKE_C_FLAGS_DEBUG = /MTd /Zi /Ob0 /Od /RTC1
CMAKE_C_FLAGS_RELEASE = /MT /O2 /Ob2 /D NDEBUG
CMAKE_C_FLAGS_RELWITHDEBINFO = /MT /Zi /O2 /Ob1 /D NDEBUG
CMAKE_C_FLAGS_MINSIZEREL = /MT /O1 /Ob1 /D NDEBUG

Please let me know if anything is annoying with the build.Then i try my
best to talk the collada people into fixing it :)

cheers,
Gaia

**