[Bf-committers] Changes to Windows Compiler Support.

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 19:42:28 CET 2018

As a users I have two comments about not supporting 32 bit.

First we are dropping Nvidia GTX 580 and older models of graphics cards so
why not 32 bit as well?

Second anyone that has an old computer can download an older version of
Blender. They are likely doing that anyway as a lot of Linux systems
dropped 32 bit support a long time ago.

https://itsfoss.com/end-of-32-bit-linux/

I would rather see the devs spending their time making Blender better than
working on very old 32 bit systems.

PS. I run a 64 bit system with a 580 GPU. I will have to update and I don't
like it but I would much rather have a great Blender than see it bogged
down with old tech. Naturally, I can only speak for myself.

Keep up the great work!

Douglas E Knapp, MSAOM, LAc.