[Bf-committers] Blender developers meeting notes - 2018-01-15

Bastien Montagne montagne29 at wanadoo.fr
Mon Jan 15 18:31:24 CET 2018

Hi all,

Here are the notes from today's 17 UTC (18 CET) meeting in
irc.freenode.net #blendercoders.
Reminder: meetings are on Mondays now, next meeting is 22 Jan, 09 UTC
(10 CET).

1) Blender 2.79 'a' release

- Nothing new since last week, we keep integrating some more fixes though.

- We'd like to include some security fixes, see
https://developer.blender.org/T52924 for details.

- Goal is again to make a testbuild on Wednesday, hopefully.

2) Blender 2.8 projects

- Clément Foucault kept on bugfixing new Eevee, hopefully he can soon
return to coding new features.

- Antonio Vazquez reports from Grease Pencil meeting with the team that
GP still needs some design work for its integration in render process,
design doc should follow soon.

- Sergey Sharybin has been working on consolidating DEG code further.

- Bastien Montagne kept working on Static Overrides and Asset Engine
projects, static overrides' design should now be complete (see
https://developer.blender.org/T53500 and sub-tasks).

- Weekly reports:
-- Sergey Sharybin:
https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Nazg-gul/Foundation/2018#Week_318:_8th_-_14th_January
-- Dalais Felinto:
https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Dfelinto/Foundation18#Week_2_.28January_8th_-_12th.29
-- Clément Foucault:
https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Hypersomniac/Foundation/2018#Week_52:_8th_-_14th_January
-- Campbell Barton:
http://download.blender.org/ftp/ideasman42/donelist/2018.html#week-356-january-8
-- Bastien Montagne:
https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Mont29/Foundation/2018#Week_226_-_01.2F06_to_01.2F12

3) Other Projects

- It’s GSoC time again! Organizations submission deadline is on 23rd
January, we know if Blender is accepted this year three weeks later.

- Suggestion is to keep ideas more conservative/simpler this year, and
enforce delivery of complete project (including merge into master/2.8)
by end of coding period.

- Projects should be based on 2.8 branch, not current master (2.7).

Thanks,
Bastien