[Bf-committers] Blender developers meeting notes - 2018-01-15
montagne29 at wanadoo.fr
Mon Jan 15 18:31:24 CET 2018
Here are the notes from today's 17 UTC (18 CET) meeting in
Reminder: meetings are on Mondays now, next meeting is 22 Jan, 09 UTC
1) Blender 2.79 'a' release
- Nothing new since last week, we keep integrating some more fixes though.
- We'd like to include some security fixes, see
https://developer.blender.org/T52924 for details.
- Goal is again to make a testbuild on Wednesday, hopefully.
2) Blender 2.8 projects
- Clément Foucault kept on bugfixing new Eevee, hopefully he can soon
return to coding new features.
- Antonio Vazquez reports from Grease Pencil meeting with the team that
GP still needs some design work for its integration in render process,
design doc should follow soon.
- Sergey Sharybin has been working on consolidating DEG code further.
- Bastien Montagne kept working on Static Overrides and Asset Engine
projects, static overrides' design should now be complete (see
https://developer.blender.org/T53500 and sub-tasks).
- Weekly reports:
-- Sergey Sharybin:
-- Dalais Felinto:
-- Clément Foucault:
-- Campbell Barton:
-- Bastien Montagne:
3) Other Projects
- It’s GSoC time again! Organizations submission deadline is on 23rd
January, we know if Blender is accepted this year three weeks later.
- Suggestion is to keep ideas more conservative/simpler this year, and
enforce delivery of complete project (including merge into master/2.8)
by end of coding period.
- Projects should be based on 2.8 branch, not current master (2.7).
More information about the Bf-committers