[Bf-committers] FreeStyle SVG Exporter hint/light bug

Tamito KAJIYAMA rd6t-kjym at asahi-net.or.jp
Wed Jan 3 05:01:43 CET 2018

Hi Ivano,

The SVG exporter receives a set of strokes from Freestyle and tries to
generate a set of SVG filled paths.  Hence it's important to tune
Freestyle parameters so that the generated Freestyle strokes are
favorable for the exporter to fill the corresponding paths without
trouble.  Making sure that is in turn up to you who control the
Freestyle parameters.

Freestyle strokes can result in either open or closed SVG paths.  In the
case of open paths, the SVG exporter is unlikely to be able to generate
the fills that you might expect.  So, it's artists' responsibility to
make sure the filled SVG paths will be Freestyle closed stokes (i.e., a
stroke ends at the beginning of the stoke).  In practice, however, this
is not a trivial task given the present set of user-tunable Freestyle
parameters, and that's where Freestyle needs improvements.

--
KAJIYAMA, Tamito <rd6t-kjym at asahi-net.or.jp>