[Bf-committers] Blender developers meeting notes - 2018-01-02

Dalai Felinto dfelinto at gmail.com
Tue Jan 2 18:46:55 CET 2018

​​Hi all,

Here are the notes from today's 18 UTC meeting in irc.freenode.net
​#​blendercoders. Reminder: meetings are on Mondays now, next meeting is 8
Jan, 9 UTC (10 CET). This one was on Tuesday exceptionally due to the
holidays.

1) Blender 2.79a

* We expect a test build to be announced next week for people to test it.

* Brecht Van Lommel suggests (in mailing list) for future releases to have
a bug-fix branch from beginning.

* A list of commits to be included was sent to the corresponding mailing
lists (bf-committers and bf-python). And the 2.79a brach was created with
them already.

* Bastien Montage wants to check with Sergey Sharybin and Campbell Barton
to be sure conflicting commits were merged properly. This will have to wait
until Friday.

2) Blender 2.8 projects

* Clément Foucalt is working again on Eevee bug fixes, with focus on OpenGL
rendering.

* Antonio Vazquez is implementing a new Grease Pencil fill tool:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR8_noNB7VU

[note for developers, remember to use Blender Developers channel when
possible - it also helps]

* Dalai Felinto has been working on collection editing as per
https://developer.blender.org/T53493 ; https://developer.blender.org/T53495
.

Feedback is welcome for the changes already committed.

* Ton Roosendaal will ask Pablo Vazquez and other UI/UX designers to help
the asset project to deliver more tangible results.

* Many developers were away last week due to holidays. Development should
be fully resumed throughout this week.

* There are still 2.8 areas that are open issues such as workbench engine
and workspace. Next week we should check the planning for January-March to
make sure everyone know what to do and to be sure all the main projects are
tackled.

3) Other projects

* Philipp Oeser (lichtwerk) accepted a grant to work this month on triaging
in tracker.

* Holiday season reports:
- https://code.blender.org/2017/12/blender-2-8-xmas-report/
- https://www.blender.org/press/blender-projects-in-2018-to-look-forward-to/

* Google Summer of Code starts soon. Organizations applications start on
January 4th.

* Blender Foundation had a generous donation, DELL servers. We will have
two new Linux servers next week ready for the "onboarding" discourse
installation"

4) Weekly reports

* Bastien Montagne:
https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Mont29/Foundation/2017#Week_224_-_12.2F23_to_12.2F29