[Bf-committers] GSoC 2018 Proposal for Freestyle Rewrite?

Ricardo Nunes 3rton93 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 02:40:49 CET 2018

Hi Yiming,

The pictures in post look pretty cool. I wouldn't be surprised if proper
proposal got accepted.
GSoC18 student application period starts 12th March ( https://summerofcode.
withgoogle.com/get-started/ )
Guidelines for Blender specifically ( https://wiki.blender.org/
index.php/Dev:Ref/GoogleSummerOfCode/2018/Students )

I'm not member of foundation but I don't recall anyone gaining wiki access
last year prior to the GSoC period. Something like Google Doc is probably
good enough for sharing your proposal here before the application.
Considering that the fate of Internal and freestyle has been somewhat
uncertain you'd definitely want to get proposal draft done quickly and
bring it up here to make sure that it will line properly with the goals for
2.8
Meanwhile I guess before the application period the best way to increase
your chances of being chosen would be making an account at (
https://developer.blender.org/ ) and try to get some bug fixes patched to
showcase that you can work with the code.
I'm pretty avid NPR fan so I do hope you come up with nice proposal and get
picked. Good luck!