[Bf-committers] Blender analytic drawing tool

Sybren A. Stüvel sybren at stuvel.eu
Mon Feb 12 13:58:07 CET 2018

Hi Ounan Ding,

On 12/02/2018 08:14, Ounan Ding wrote:
> Recently I found a paper about analytic drawing [1], and then I try to
> prototype it in Blender as an add-on. Here is a video of the prototype
> running:
> https://youtu.be/Nz_3_yRUxv0

That looks potentially pretty cool.

> I would like to know your opinion about this tool before I proceed:
> Is it contrived? Is analytic drawing useful for modeling?

Well, this is a developers' mailing list. I think you ask the right
questions, but to the wrong people. Having a couple of artists who would
actually use your add-on is very valuable, both to get feedback while
you're developing and to create less contrived examples to showcase your
add-on.

You could ask around on the Blender Artists forum?

Best,
Sybren