[Bf-committers] Blender developers meeting notes - 2018-12-17
Brecht Van Lommel
brechtvanlommel at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 16:42:32 CET 2018
Here are the notes from today's developer meeting. Next meeting is Monday,
31 December 10:00 CET / 9:00 UTC.
We skip a December 24 meeting since it would be on Christmas eve for
developers in Europe.
1) New Features and Changes
This week was mostly about bug triaging and fixing. About 80 bugs were
fixed this week.
* NLA: insert keyframes now works correct for blending modes other than
replace. This fixes an old problem, making the NLA much more practical as a
tool for animation layering.
* Preferences: new option for header position at top/bottom.
* Grease pencil: new curve primitive tool.
* Optimizations for production .blend file loading, together around 10-25%
faster on Spring files.
* FFmpeg: enable multi-threaded encoding of multiple frames, for a ~20%
* EEVEE: improve bent normal calculation for more accurate indirect
2) Other Projects
* Richard Antalík is the new maintainer of the video sequencer. He has done
work towards real-time playback, with a cache and proxy management rework
in progress already. Welcome!
* Bastien will do the first code review of Mantaflow.
3) Weekly Reports
* Sebastian: https://wiki.blender.org/wiki/User:Zeddb
More information about the Bf-committers