[Bf-committers] Use of semantic versioning

Benjamin Humpherys benjamin.humpherys at gmail.com
Sat Dec 8 20:33:09 CET 2018

Here’s my splash of paint on this bike shed:

I think bumping to 3.0 would be appropriate because of all the backward-incompatible changes being made with the removal of BGE and BI, and that the Python API has changed enough to break nearly every single add-on out there. The addition of EEVEE, GP, UI overhaul, etc are big enough to consider this a major release, but I think breaking compatibility is the best reason for a major version jump.