[Bf-committers] Metal GPU support

Ray Molenkamp ray at lazydodo.com
Tue Dec 4 23:33:43 CET 2018

It's up for debate really, I'd prefer not having to maintain 5 different versions of all shaders , also there is a fair amount of dynamic glsl being generated by blender. so having something that'll take glsl and outputs 'whatever we want' would be nice.

glslang[1] with spirvcross[2] looked interesting but I haven't spend any time with it, so that may or may not be a terrible idea.

--Ray

[1] https://github.com/KhronosGroup/glslang

[2] https://github.com/KhronosGroup/SPIRV-Cross